WELCOME TO THE VERNONIA HANDS ON ART CENTER!
The Vernonia Hands on Art Center was created in 1997 to help children affected by a catastrophic flood in Vernonia Oregon. It quickly became a registered 501(c)3 corporation and has since modified it’s mission to encompass promotion of the arts and cultural heritage of the greater Vernonia area. It is a tiny non-profit, and welcomes all donations of time, treasure and talent.
To provide a high quality learning environment that celebrates the creative spirit by exposing the community to the arts and honoring the community’s heritage.
- To provide a high quality learning environment for children and adults that celebrates the creative spirit within each of us
- To create bridges between children, teens, adults, and elders in the community and share skills, resources, and wisdom
- To expose the community to visual and performing arts by way of classes, workshops, exhibitions, and performances
- To help students collaborate with the community in educational and social programs such as library reading, school programs, and civic involvement
- To develop appreciation for and preservation of the historical heritage of our community
- We value arts and culture as key factors in creating a healthy, thriving community.
- We value art, drama and music as fundamental components of a good education.
CONTACT US: YOUR COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME